Digi Gate Integration
Step 1 - Go into your Easy Storage solutions website and install the Gate Sync Program
Step 2- When setting up your Gate Sync Program, make sure to put your facility code in. The facility code can be found at the bottom of your "Gate" page in the ESS software, SETUP>Gate. When setting up your ESS Gate Sync Settings make sure to make it look like this Click Here The Post Download Action setting located on the ESS Gate Sync Program you need browse for the digi folder and then select the, digisend.exe icon and hit save. This should put the digisend.exe verbiage into the post download action setting.
Step 3-Setup the Digi software to read the gate file that the Easy Storage Software creates by:
1. Open up the DigiGate Program.
2. Select setup.
3. Select SysCon Setup Tab.
4. Select Accounting Button.
5. Select SAGE from the drop down list.
6. Select "Link File" tab (next to Accounting Company tab)
7. Change "file name" to toread.fil 6. Select Ok and the YES to save changes
This is what it should look like
7, Exit and restart the DigiGate program for the changes to take effect.
8. Once the new file has been downloaded into this "C:digi" folder DigiGate should read the file and update the gate system accordingly. DigiGate should change LINK.fil file to a LINK.old file once it has been updated.
OTHER NOTES and TROUBLESHOOTING:
1- Your computer may need to be on Microsoft .net 4.5 framework if you are having problems with your ESS gate sync software
2- Communication from other outside software programs(previous management systems) need to be halted in order for the ESS gate sync post download action to work.
Just had an issue where everything was working fine with ESS gate sync was downloading link.fil properly, however the post download action wasn't clicking the "digisend.exe" I could do it manually and click the digisend.exe and it would update digigate just fine. Dunno what causes this but i found a way around it by creating a batch file that looks like this. http://screencast.com/t/WqdOg7cm I named it run.bat and then i enter the directory of C:digirun.bat into the post download action and it seamed to work just fine.